Chris Ficek, Maverick Events
Show Dates & Times:
- Fri, Sept 14th: 5pm until 10pm
- Sat, Sept 15th
- Session 1: Noon – 4:30pm
- Session 2: 5:30pm – 10pm
Set Up Times:
- Thurs, Sept 13th – 4pm until 9pm
- Friday Sept 14th – 9am until 4pm
- Before bringing in your exhibit material into the building, please register at the show check in which is located at the main entrance. You will be shown where your booth space is located.
- There is a large loading door that will be available for use on the east side of the building.
- Upon registration, you will receive your exhibit passes for the weekend (4 people max per 10X10 booth) as well as any additional show information and set up instructions. You can switch these passes out for those working different days or shifts.
- You cannot give exhibitor passes to guests. They are meant for staff only.
- Staff members must be 19 years of age or older.
- We have very limited kitchen facilities and storage space. We suggest that food items be brought in hot boxes and served from chaffing trays, etc. Ice will be available for purchase on site if needed.
- Exhibitors requiring an outdoor cooking space for a BBQ, fryer, etc. Be sure to indicate that on your registration form and we will do our best to accommodate space. Note any fuel supplied food service equipment must be TSSA certified as per fire regulations.
- Your booth comes with an 8 ft back drop and 3 ft sides along with two 8 ft tables with black table clothes and two chairs. You must provide your signage and anything else you require. If you require an additional table or electricity for your booth, please indicate this on your registration form. You are allowed a hot plate at your station if you would like to do live demos at your booth. We will also have a culinary demo stage for those interesting in presenting a mini cooking show, demo or tasting. Please indicate this on your registration form as well (limited time slots are available).
- Signage is mandatory for every booth and must clearly show the restaurant or business along with your menu of what you are offering along with the number of tickets required for each sample. “S” hooks or zip ties are recommended for hanging signs or banners from the top of the 8ft back drop (pipe and drape). No pins or holes can be punctured through the drape, any cost to repair damage to draping will be incurred by the exhibitor.
- All contents must remain in your 10X10 booth. No signage or equipment will be allowed to block your neighbours booth or to hinder isles and traffic flow. To best assist with this we suggest placing your table 2-3 feet back from the front of your booth to create an area for customers to try your samples and chat with you about your product. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- Special temporary parking and entrance will be available during the show for vendors needing more supplies or food refills from their establishments. You will be shown this when you set up.
- Everything must be removed from the building between 10pm and midnight on Sat, Sept 15th.
- Sample ticket redemption. Sample tickets need to be turned in to the RFDA located at 570 Syndicate Ave. S. the week after the show. They will be counted (by weight) and reimbursed at .80 cents per ticket. Cheques will be mailed out within 2 weeks after the show.
Your booth will provide food or beverage samples. We recommend not offering more than 4 different kinds of samples for food vendors as it slows customers down from making decisions, but the choice is yours. It’s a great idea to make a sign/menu of what you are offering. These are meant to be sample sizes and not meal sizes. The whole goal of attendees is to be able to go around the show and try numerous food and drink samples.
The first 1000 attendees will receive a souvenir Savour Superior wine glass with their admission to try various beverages. Drink vendors must bring their own drink vessels to use for samples as not all attendees will have a glass. Rinse stations will be located around the room for guests to clean their glasses between samples. Food vendors do need to provide disposable plates and cutlery for their samples, so remember to factor that into your ticket price.
It is up to you to determine how many sample tickets are needed to try the various samples you are offering. We suggest between 1-7 sample tickets.
Exhibitors are prohibited from:
- Exhibiting outside their booths, including handing out promotional materials and samples.
- Handing out promotional material from companies not exhibiting in the show.
- Sharing their booth with another company unless approved by show management prior to the show.
- Damage to their booth including the pipe and drape, floors and tables from any paint, tape, signage, equipment, etc.
- Providing samples outside of what they originally entered to sell (unless approved by show management).
- Cash sales unless approved to sell products at the show (samples are done by tickets only).
Anticipated Attendance is approximately 3,000 people over the 2 days. There will be an extensive advertising campaign including Radio, Newspaper, Posters, Website and Social Media. Posters will be available for exhibitors to promote the event in their establishment.
Security guards will be on site during show hours to ensure persons admitted are of legal age. It is advisable that each vendor obtains content insurance.
Show Management under no circumstances will be liable for damage, loss or theft to exhibitors’ property or person. Maverick Events advises exhibitors to have at least one person in their booth at all times. Maverick Events and The Canadian Lakehead Exhibition will not be responsible for any personal injuries, losses or damage to products, equipment and décor resulting from neglect, accident, theft or fire on behalf of an exhibitor or an exhibitor’s staff.
The exhibitor shall be liable for all loss, damage, injury, claim costs and expenses whatsoever or howsoever caused to any person or property in any circumstance whatsoever by the Exhibitor, his servants or agents or the goods, exhibits, fittings, machinery, and other property belonging to the Exhibitor of for which the Exhibitor is responsible and the Exhibitor hereby agrees to indemnify the Show Management in any respect of (a) any such loss, damage, injury claims, costs and expenses foresaid. Exhibitors must provide Show Management a certificate of insurance including the following information:
- Coverage to include the duration of the show, set up until tear down (Thurs, Sept 13th 4pm until Sat, Sept 15th Midnight)
- Coverage must include a minimum of $2,000,000 General Liability Coverage inclusive of bodily injury and/or property damage for each occurrence.
- The following must be named as additional insured in respect to the operation of the show: Maverick Events, The United Way of Thunder Bay, The Regional Food Distribution Association and The Canadian Lakehead Exhibition.
- Deadline to email or provide insurance certificates is Fri, Aug 31st to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Maverick Events, 409 George Street, Thunder Bay, ON P7E 5Y9
Each booth is required is comply with Thunder Bay Health Unit regulations for safe food handling.
- TBDHU Special Event Guidelines for Food Vendors
- TBDHU Food Vendor Application Form
- TBDHU Food Vendor Online Application Form
Upon acceptance to the show be sure to complete a TBDHU Food Vendor Application form and submit it to the Health Unit at least 14 days prior to the show.
Deadline to apply is August 31, 2018